Nassau County Police Activity League Code of Ethics of Parents
1. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
2. Place the emotional and physical well being of your child ahead of a personal desire to win. Insist that your child play in a safe and healthy environment.
3. Require that your child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches’ Code of Ethics.
4. Support coaches and officials working with your child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
5. Demand a sports environment for your child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and refrains from their use at all sports events.
6. Remember that the game is for the youths, not the adults.
7. Do your best to make youth sports fun for your child.
8. Ask your child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex creed, or ability.